Monday, October 13, 2003

Here are some of the poems which have been wrenched from my soul. These were written during the halcyon days of graduate school when I chased ephemerals -- elusive wisps of femininity encapsulated by masculine ego.





i'm sure everyone has made love in public. here's my version of it.



your eyes against mine



standing twenty feet from me, your eyes focused on mine.

curiosity and flirtation came from my eyes,

coyness and boldness came from yours.


your eyes began measuring, began tracing

my clothes, my shoes, my arms.

my eyes started to hold, to touch

your shirt, your skirt.

as our eyes pulled at each other,

stroking lips and cheeks, tugging flesh and hair,

others stood unmoving.



you, bold as an eagle flew into me,

and showered me with a flurry of blows

which turned my skin blue.

i, dark, grim, went into your soul

and threw innocence into a chaos of lust.



upon separation, your eyes, my eyes,

died from the sudden loss of passion

died from the sudden loss of a war fought with tongues.









No comments: