Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Continuation of Bonsai.

On the same day, I was walking the campus of Berkeley and felt that the mood of the place was different. I noticed that there were too many high school students in the area. They traveled in groups of five or six. They were obviously out of place because they did not have backpacks. They were on their way to Telegraph Avenue. When I noticed things it was in the afternoon. By the time I went home, I was just in time to see the riots on television. I would not know that by 6 o'clock, there would be a riot down Telegraph Ave which was about five blocks from me.

The manipulation of the system is one of the "freedoms" brought to you by America. If one has a large enough bundle of cash and hires a smart lawyer, one can neutralize the law. I almost have to laugh and snicker when the cops in the King trial had their trial moved on over to Simi Valley. Apparently, Simi Valley is known for being conservative land in the Southern California area. It's probably a suburb where the "white flight" ended up roosting. I certainly would have loved it if in the next trial of a minority that the trial was moved to the Watts district. Oh wait, that already happened with OJ Simpson.

Ah yes, OJ...Orenthal James... one of the greatest running backs from USC... one fo the greatest runners in the NFL.... also one of the most tragic and dumb figures of recent history... an educator with respect to injustice. OJ is the prime example of the "Money can buy you anything" protocol. Everyone says he is guilty. Most people would have to agree on that. But in the criminal phase of the trial, he was pronounced not guilty. So, as a stickler to how America metes out its justice, I always state that OJ was not guilty, but he was financially liable since in the civil court proceedings, he was found guilty.

No comments: