Sunday, May 11, 2003


Sometimes I have to shake my head at how Americans do not understand the concept of free speech. My parents gave up their dream because they wanted their children to realize theirs. I read about freedom and how we defend freedom. Yet, I don't see the majority of Americans practice freedom. It is as if they see a tree but not a jungle. I suppose, you have to experience the loss of freedom in order for you to give it to someone else.

And for clarification, I am Reagan Republican. What I mean by that is that I prefer strong leadership rather than bullshit. I also happen to be a Clinton Democrat. That means, "It's the economy, Stupid!" I swing both ways. Hell, I spin around.

Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon were supposed to speak at the Baseball Hall of Fame for the anniversary of Bull Durham. The president of the hall of fame cancelled the event because he did not want the two making anti-war protests. And I thought we were fighting for freedom in Iraq. Heck, if you paid attention, we all know that when America fights abroad, it does not necessarily want its citizens to exercise freedom.

Tim Robbins' speech is worth reading.

No comments: