Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Philippine music

I have finally learned how to burn CDs. Yipee! I have started to burn the jazz section and the classical. Next up tonight is the Pinay and Tagalog section. I am excited to be able to finally listen to music at work.

Last night, I planned on buying the Bose headphones. No, not the $300 ones. Just the $150 ones. But when i got to the Apple store, guess what! They ran out! Well, off to Magnolia I go. Magnolia does not sell ice cream. They sell really high end audio stuff. I was so excited to get my hands on the Bose headphones that my knees were knocking together. But as fate would have it, nope, they did not have it either. So off to the Good Guys I go. Trudge, trudge. Actually, drive, drive. I go to the store but they also don't have it. I took this as a sign that I am not supposed to buy the Bose headphones.

On the way home, I realize that I could go by Best Buy and shop around. There in the hallowed halls of Best Buy, I found the Bose Trifoil Headphones. It was gleaming in the flourescent light of the store. But, I guess I exhausted my energy because then, I just did not want to spend $150 for headphones when I could get some for $20.

Yup, yup this is how I control my spending habits. I try to buy the material, and hope that it is out of stock.

By the way, does anyone out there have recommendations for Pinay singers who sing in Tagalog? I have some CDs here by Belinda Cuervo, Carol Banawa, and Roselle. They are great and I want some more.

No comments: