Saturday, June 10, 2006

bowling high; life lows

The beauty of life are the highs and the lows.

I managed to bowl a 154 during the first game of a league night. Three spares and two strikes got me there. In the tenth frame, all I needed were three pins. While setting up for the tenth frame, I was praying for no gutter ball. Because I managed to break 150, I get to buy a bowling ball… But not just any bowling ball. I get to buy The ONE from Ebonite.

Then I hear from my brother that my uncle at Daly City passed away. May his soul rest in peace. My uncle was one of the professionals who immigrated to the US during the 1960's. A dentist by training, he became a bus driver for Muni for nearly thirty years. Sometimes, I wondered why he never practiced dentistry.

A classic Ilokano, my uncle lived life through good food. The man can cook extraordinary Filipino food. Onions and garlic were his favorite ingredients.

Uncle Sid lived to a ripe old age of 76. We celebrated his birthday in April. Here's to you Uncle. Go find my father and have yourselves a drink.

No comments: