Monday, June 26, 2006

Life

Continues even though some lives end. Three weeks ago, my uncle passed away. And as I sat and looked at the way Pin@ys grieve, I am struck that the only times we see people now are during weddings and funerals. Life goes on and passes on by.

Had a training at work in which I saw the good, the bad and the ugly of the law firm. Some lawyers were just so ignorant that they screwed up the system. Some lawyers wanted to do well in the training. Other lawyers just sat around and did not try.

I realize of course now why some people become partners, while others don't. First, you got to have some sort of brain. Second, it's all in the attitude. One lawyer in particular in the office does not have either one. She does not understand how the system works, and at the same time, he does not have the proper attitude of going with the flow. She made the mistake of stopping the work twice. In the first instance, he was just ignorant. In the second instance, he did not listen.

As for me, I need to learn how to encourage people and not sound judgemental. Damn, that is hard.

No comments: