Sunday, June 05, 2005

Three Bishosp Blog

Three Pin@y bishops have joined the cyberworld with their blogs:

Mgr Jose R. Manguiran, Bishop of Dipolong

Mgr Oscar V. Cruz, Archbishop of Lingayen-Dagupan

Mgr Leonardo Medroso, Bishop of Borongan

They comprise the Pin@y Blog of the Day for June 5 in the year of the Pin@y 2005.

I was speaking to a friend today. I had made comments about how those people in the Catholic Church really took sacrifice and death and sacrifice and unhappiness very seriously. I also mentioned how it almost seems like there is a pointed reference to a celebration of the pain and suffering.

My friend then was truly offended and said "How can you keep referring to the Church as "Those people?" I did not broach the subject because I try not to introduce conflicts. I have not learned how to completely deal with conflicts. In my life, I have had to deal with my anger and in my experience most people are unable to separate their personal life (anger) from what the conflict is. I don't have the time to educate people on how to deal with their repressed selves.

However, I was disturbed about how my friend acted. If one can not be honest in a friendship, and one can not discuss in a rational manner certain facets of life such as theology, then one is just shutting out rational discussion. I suppose this is why people are turned off by "politically correct speech." In most cases, people are not open to the discussion. They just prefer to shut down the conversation.

I suppose that I expect more from people and it disturbs me when they just shut down in the face of honest discussion. It's not as if I was wearing the white hood of the KKK. Besides, the KKK I know wear straw hats and carry bolos. And for those who don't know Filipino history, KKK in the Philippines stands for Kataas-Taasang at Kagalang-galangang Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan. KKK is the revolutionary group which rose against the Spaniards in the Philippines.

At any rate, enjoy the blogs of the bishops.

No comments: