Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Back home sa Bahay

I am once more back in the Bay Area. It's beautiful here in San Francisco. The air is clean; Bart is clean; and there is a light rain falling.

The visit to New York was short and sweet. I have to thank the SO for being so patient and not kicking my ass when my frustrations go the best of me. My legs were hurting and my body was aching due to all the walking and my patience was always on the edge. It was probably so because of my paranioa of being mugged and kidnapped. Although, who would want to kidnap a middle-aged fat bald guy who looks like Clark Gable?

Monday night on the way back to the hotel, the SO suddenly leaps out of the seat and goes out to the platform. Surprised because I did not expect for her to leave so soon, I followed. We figure out that we are one stop too early. I get all dramatic and my frustrations well up. I don't like to get lost. I get lost on my own. I don't need other people to help me get lost. So I had a discussion with the SO about leaving too early out of the subway in New York a place we are both unfamiliar with.

I am tired and my legs are hurting from all the walking we had done. Earlier, we had walked to Times Square in search of a subway that would take us to SOHO. I suggested the red train going to the south. The SO insisted on another train. Later on, I look it up on the map and see that there are transfer stations. I forgot that the SO had never been in New York and did not know about transfer stations. We walked for about twenty minutes to get to the blue line.

This was probably another source of my frustration. Having to walk to Times Square before and after dinner. But I sat down and thought it over. Maybe it was destined to be to walk to Times Square. Maybe Tikbalang and Kapre are telling the SO that there is something to see. Well, we were in 42nd St. already. We might as well go out. Lo and behold, there is a tile mosaic in the station that we had not seen before. Awesome! Who would have thought? I went about apologizing to the SO and realized that sometimes, things do happen for a reason. Tikbalang and Kapre just needs to be more obvious about the way they communicate.

I ended up photographing about 1000 images of New York. Some of it are just bracketing repeats for exposure, but hey, they count. I'll try to post them somewhere soon.

No comments: