Saturday, April 17, 2004

Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art

The SO suggested that we walk down to Tiffany's Jewelry store and then to the Met by walking next to the the Central Park. I was a fool to agree. Perhaps, it was nice to take a walk, but I was carrying a backpack in which was a leather jacket and some other che-che-burete. It was close to 10 lbs. And to top it all off, the weather was in the 70's. I did not need my rugby shirt at all! Another thing to carry in the backpack.

On the positive side, I finally made it to the Met where the Egyptian tomb is located. This is the room that is shown in "When Harry Met Sally" which is one of my favorite movies. Simply awesome. Last time in NY, I was not able to enter the room. I believe they had a party or something like that. This time around, the carvings on the tomb and the sarcophagus were there for my perusal. Of course, there was no drama like in WHMS, thank goodness!

It's been great travelling with the SO. She's very low maintenance. I am probably more maintenance hungry than her. Today, our food was : breakfast (leftover pastrami and blintz); lunch (hotdog somewhere around Central Park); meryenda (cheese and sausage at the Met); dinner (pizza at Ray's 24 hour pizza place).



No comments: