Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A soldier's Blog

Sometimes, I play the game of clicking on the "next blog" till I hit a Pin@Y. Tonight, I saw Gozar The Traveler's diary.

There was a time when I wanted to go to West Point. i was dissuaded because of the physical tests. I was never the strong physical type. Later on, I realized that I probably would have been one of those soldiers who got court-martialed because I ask way too many questions. I can't help it. I grew up in a country where martial law reigned.

On some nights, I stare at the night and wonder what I would have done when EDSA occurred. Would I have demonstrated? Would I have hidden behind the books? It is wonderful to dream that I would have done the right thing. Somehow, I doubt that I would have been out there demonstrating.

The SO heard that another Fil-Am is thinking of joining the ranks of the revolutionaries in the Philippines. It is the greatest irony of Pin@y life. Pilipinos are trying to leave the Philippines because o fthe bleak future. Fil-Ams are trying to go there to join the revolution.

No comments: