Thursday, May 26, 2005

You Have Got to Be Kidding Me

I was eating happily at my new workstation. J who is my trainer and the person I am replacing in the law firm came over and saw the SO's picture. He suddenly became very animated and says the So's name. My jaw drops and can't believe that it has happened again. The SO knows someone in my world. It seems that more and more, a lot of people know the SO. As you will know, I's wife was a friend of the SO during high school.

It does not stop there. It turns out that I's wife was also one of my students a looong time ago in the cancer class. I can only hope that when I was teaching that I was actually good and reasonable. I remember that I was a damned *sshole when I began teaching. I had pretentions of grandeur. Later on, I just had self-knowledge that I could get anyone an A no matter how good they were. If they followed my advice, they would get the higher score. Hell, I even had some students who had dyslexia who got B's because I was their TA.

It is a small world indeed as evidenced by this episode. In fact, I saw in the meeting another person who I had interviewed with about three to four years ago. I don't know what happened to him in his old law firm.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I got a job in a law firm. From my adventures in a photo processing plant to a law firm. I tell you. It will be interesting. I am back in my old school.

No comments: