Saturday, July 12, 2003

I always wondered how people ate so much bread. I mean, the loaves in the stores are huge. If you are alone, what do you do to the bread? In college, I used to place them in foil and hope they don't dry out. Guess what Sherlock... the refrigerator preserves material by drying it out!!!

This year, I began to steam bread without conciously knowing about it. My oven is on the fritz and has been since I tried to clean the damned thing four years ago. Crap, this is why I hate cleaning. Something usually breaks. I hate that. I hate it more that I would have to ask someone I don't know into my abode, my fortress of solitude, my home of contemplation.

The SO however has given me the power of steam. She bought me a Chinese bamboo steamer. You gotta love the innovation of the human mind. Use bamboo to steam material. Excellent!!!

So I am even now become more of a steamer. Two day old naan from an Indian restaurant? No problem. Place it in the steamer and it will be soft and delicious in ten minutes.

I have drastically reduced my intake of meat. Hell, I don't even have any chicken or pork in the refrigerator unless I go to a restaurant. It's nice to be slim. I don't do it for the looks. I do it for the longterm benefits on health. I want to live!!!

No comments: