Saturday, July 12, 2003

Second topic:

A friend told me that she worked in Costco's optical section. She told me that private opticians raise the prices of glasses by two to three times. Glasses at Costco cost $65. Wow, and here I am ready to plop $230 for just the frames. I guess I have to visit Costco's optical section. The money I save, I'll just put forward to paying the VISA bill.

It's amazing how much the markup is on glasses. Damn, I'm impressed with the rates. I saw some Flexon glasses and they were originally priced at $150-$170. When SiteForSoreEyes repriced it, it went to $300. One hundred percent profit. If that is not capitalism, I don't know what.

I'm interested in buying some Marchon glasses. Apparently they make the glasses for Calvin Klein. Since I have never gone for the trend, I hope to buy some glasses that don't have the CK insignia. The last thing I want to be is to become a billboard or a trend following fiend.

My friend also asked why I wear large glasses. She commented that I looked older. I guess I want to maintain my ability to be intimidating with the large glasses. People have to take me seriously. That way, when I try something funny, they don't expect it.

No comments: