Saturday, July 12, 2003

I was walking in Stonestown Galleria last night. The walk emphasized to me in much more realistic terms how old I have gotten. Teen-agers look like ten year olds. I shake my head at how fast time has passed on by. I try to savor each day. I thank God for the beauty and the opportunity of living each day.

As I was walking, I also saw just how much the stores are geared towards satisfying the desire of the consumer. It was amazing. They have stores to cater to five to seven year olds. The Gap and all those other stores were basically set up for teen-agers to give up their money to. God Bless America and Nowhere Else!!!

I ended up going to Borders Books. I bought a Tom Clancy book and this book Clear your clutter with feng shui by Karen Kingston. What can I say? I enjoy techno thrillers. Although, I was also looking for mage and magic stories at another bookstore called "The other change of hobbit."

The clutter book is to allow me to let go of things and process who I am the last few years. I have been holding onto so many mementos that I guess I am stuck. It's time to let go. I fear of letting go because I think that then I will not know who I am. Perhaps, it is time to think that who I am depends on what I do from now on? I have to find things for the garage sale.

No comments: