Monday, August 04, 2003

Alex Gong a world champion for kickboxing was killed when he caught up to the vehicle which had crashed into his vehicle. Everyone is expressing their shock at the sudden loss of life. I suppose few people have ever seen how special and delicate life can be.

I wonder why Mr. Gong chased this guy. I would have grabbed the license plate and just reported it to the police and the insurance agent. This guy actually took off and chased the guy with his boxing gloves on. Sure, I can understand the anger, but really, is your life worth $20K to $30K? How cheap is your life?

Some would say that I am a coward. Yes, and I still live and breathe. The brave and careless tend to end up dead. Then we call them tragic and heroic. Absolutely silly in my mind if you die because you underestimated the person you are chasing.

I have to wonder how Mr. Gong felt when he was chasing the vehicle. Was he saying that he was about to kick some ass? Was he thinking that he was going to beat up the guy in the car? Did he ever contemplate that the guy might have a gun that can spit out a bullet at very high velocities? Probably not because Mr. Gong never did stop to reconsider.

I look both ways before crossing. A friend suggested that I look like a child when crossing the street. I assume so, but then again, children who look both ways tend up becoming adults who breathe. So next time around, look left and then look right.

No comments: