Thursday, August 14, 2003

Scouting and its position on homosexuality is another one of those absurd things that come at me today. I used to be a scout in the Philippines. I was attracted by the awards, the commendations, and the ribbons of achievements that one could do. It was like a real life adventure that you could enter in life. After all, camping is perfect for the urban side of the Philippines where the local neighborhood has its own jungle.

But now of course, the Boy Scouts have this stand on homosexuality being incompatible with being a scout leader. Excuse me if I am wrong, but I thought homosexuality was based on male to male relationships. I don't think homosexuality means that the men like little boys. Maybe someone can write a letter to the Boy Scouts.

But you know what this reminds me of? Why the Catholic church of course. God Bless us all Catholics. We have to deal with the sexually repressed priests out there who have to make wonderful decisions about the Mother Church. Imagine! A priest molests a child. The parents complain. Presto! The priest is transferred to another parish where the priest is ready to molest another child. Now, that is a reprehensible act. Both the priest and the priests who manage the parish.

I am simply aghast at the lack of morality and conscience that these bastards did. I hope that there is a special place in hell for the priests who simply allowed molesters to move from one parish to another. I want them to feel the pain of the victims for eternity. Sure, sure, vengeance is for God alone, but damn, no one ever told me that I can't give God some hints at things that can be improved.

Anyways, someone tell the Boy Scouts that what they are looking for is located in the Catholic Church. It's too bad because I was hoping that my kids could join the scouts. I just hope the girl scouts are a separate entity because then maybe my son or daughter can join in the selling of massive quantities of cookies. It's better to support a conglomerate like the Girl Scouts than to support a homophobic entity like the boy scouts.

No comments: