Thursday, August 14, 2003

I just visited scf. It is a desert out there. I don't think there is an entertainment value left at all. There were over 3000 messages. I basically deleted out 2000 messages. Most of the other messages are just short blurbs that sputtered and congealed on the minds of the writers. Where the hell will I get inspiration, mana and juice to light up this blog?

But on to food!!! I bought a bottle of soy milk from Ranch 99 because I ran out of the usual soymilk in a box. I was surprised to learn that the Golden Gate soymilk tasted like taho. Taho is that warm dessert that enchants my childhood. It is warm, magical, and sweet.

Since I was delighted with the soymilk, I decided that perhaps I can switch to the Chinese soymilk. Lo and behold, I get so addicted to soymilk that I end up buying some soymilk from the local grocery store. Unfortunately, the soymilk in American stores tastes just like milk. There is no hint of taho.

I finally get to Chinatown and manage to buy some soymilk. Unfortunately, I pick the soymilk bottles that were in the fridge. Big mistake. This is Chinatown. If it is fresh, it is not refrigerated. It ends up that the two bottles of soymilk are contaminated with bacteria. How do I Know? Well, the first bottle when opened had such a nasty stench that I had to just throw it out. The second bottle was bitter. I figured it was just the way it was made. Big mistake. It was turning into yogurt. After two days in the fridge, it congealed into a mass.

After learning this bitter lesson, I ended up buying some soymilk that was warm. Still fresh from the factory pasteurization process which is not that effective. Otherwise, the two bottles would not have been contaminated.

Go out there and buy some soymilk.

No comments: