Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Man's fantasy life

Maricar made a comment about how men view life. And yes, I have to agree that men do believe that someday, given enough time, days, months, maybe even years, a supermodel will come down from the limousine, saunter saucily over to where we are sitting comfortably, and ask..., no, wait, beg us to go with her so that she can be a love slave forever.

I'm watching "Third Rock from the Sun" and in one of their shows, that is exactly what happens. Men suddenly become irresistible to good-looking supermodels. And I will admit that a part of myself hopes that someday, Lucy Liu will knock on the door and ask me to be her private photographer for life. But of course, I have to bargain and make sure that I can cook adobo, bagoong and all kinds of Pin@y food.

I wonder how many supermodels have descended from a limousine and asked a guy to be her consort for life. I hear that stuff like this happens to women. Look at Princess Diana and Grace Kelly and the Jordanian Queen. Wait, it seems that all those ended with some sort of unhappy ending. Hmm, maybe I should rethink this fairy tale that has been sold to me since I was a little kid. Maybe the fairy tale does not work for guys.

No comments: