Friday, February 20, 2004

Weekends

Another weekend is upon us. The rains have come and are staying in the San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose area. I don't mind since the area needs rain for the water supply. I have given up on the umbrella because of the winds. I favor those sturdy black umbrellas that can cover two people at once. I don't care too much for portability of umbrellas when you end up getting wet. Portability defeats the purpose of an umbrella. Nowadays, I wear a huge yellow jacket with my Tilley hat. It protects me enough from the rain and winds.

It's poker night tonight! I took out fifty dollars since the minimum bets will increase in the last hour to four dollars. Poker is a game that tests your belief in luck. The numbers are easy to memorize, but at that instance when you have cards in your hands, you have to make a choice: Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do you?

The SO's friend is the host for the scheduled third Friday of the month poker nights. I had thought that in graduate school, I would find my buddies/friends through poker night. It did not work out that way. I suppose I am too much of a private person.

As I previously mentioned, I went to Costco two nights ago. The shopping was fun because of the temp job. I can afford to buy things again. BUt I did not splurge. I have stopped since I have to consider the coming nuptials of yours truly. Now that I think about it, I really was not ready in the last fifteen years to have gotten married. It is only now that my senses are sufficiently dulled that I am a functioning gentleman. It took about twenty years of living in AMerica to teach me etiquette.

I used to think that saying the truth had to be done each and every single day. I have learned since that you can omit and ignore many instances in life which can lead you to anger. It will just make your life easier. Smile and the world smiles with you. Cry and the world will cry. I used to think that this mumbo-jumbo was made up by silly ignorant fools. After trying to go at life my own way and realizing that it was very hard, I have decided to go at it using all the techniques and lessons which touchy-feely gurus have used. And you know what? It works like magic.

May your weekend be a great one. May you find peace and happiness.

No comments: