Sunday, October 05, 2003

The election for the recall is coming up. God Bless America if Ahnold becomes governor of California. The state will be in a perpetual chaotic state.

My sister and her family is visiting. Without doing anything at all, I find that I am now an uncle. It is a truly interesting state. I still remember when we just came from the Philippines. It was one of the coldest years in Los Angeles. There were storms, rain and freezing wind every darned day. The sun came up and went straight down. It did not rise from the east and set in the west. The sun rose, but after 3PM, it just seemed to sink really quickly.

E the baby is now walking. She just likes to be sneaky and tricky. She's at the stage where she wants to put things in her mouth. She has a perpetual smile because of something that she is planning that the adults will not find out till it's too late. Last night, the SO was feeding her lumpia. She had gotten to the point where the lumpia was very small. She looked at the remnants of a lumpia and then looked at the whole plate of delicious lumpias. Before you knew what was going on, she had grabbed one of the new lumpias and was off running and giggling.

I guess I have aged. Though I certainly don't think that time has passed me by. But my calendar tells me that I have been suckling at America's teat for the last twenty years. Wow, twenty years have gone by in a twinkle of an eye. Next thing you know, I will be celebrating my 60th birthday.

To all of you readers, God Bless. Play with your kids or your nieces and nephews. It's fun and good for the soul.

TatangREtong

No comments: