Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Last Saturday, I was at a party where the television was basically addling the brains of the people watching it. The movie "One Fine Day" was being shown. Now, the thing that made me disgusted was that the movie was supposedly set in New York, but, there were no blacks, Latinos or Asians anywhere in the scope of the camera. How they manage to exclude blacks in New York still boggles my mind, but maybe, just maybe, I will exclude my money from going to the producers of the movie "One Fine Day."

Which leads me to "Friends." In the first three or four years, I was a fan of this series. I enjoyed the desperation of Ross and rejoiced when he finally got together with Rachel. But, then, someone pointed out that there were no minorities in the series. Jeez, after that, I could not bring myself to really enjoy the show. Again, the show is set in New York. How the heck can you not have any minorities in there? But this does explain to me how whites can say that there is no racism. There's no racism because there are no minorities.

No comments: