Wednesday, October 01, 2003

It seems to me that the last mountain to be climbed is the one where I have to work with someone I don't respect. Don't get me wrong, for the last six months, I have tried to integrate myself and work with the manager. But over the weekend, I just came to a realization that some people have an evil heart and no redeeming qualities. Sometimes, people can be nasty, stupid, dumb and insecure. This often leads to repetitive stupid questions, dumb looks, and insulting remarks.

This of course is nothing compared to what other "bosses" have done to me. However, supposedly, this one is a "professional in QUALITY." Ahh, how hollow those words are now. Why? Because it finally dawned on me that this person is a hypocrite.

Ever since I read Carnegie's book on how to get people to love you, I have been on my best behavior. I have tried to defend and justify the actions of this particular person. But now, it comes down to the hard-boiled facts that this person has reached the peak five years ago and is just on the way downhill.

So, I try to smile and go on. Because one of these days, I will be free.

No comments: