Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Tuesday, July 27, 8PM ET/PT, Navy NCIS, Episode: "Missing" (Gibbs and his team are called to investigate when a Marine disappears from outside a nightclub. )

I don't know if I should be pissed off or not. This episode of NCIS has the following storyline. Four marines are stationed in the Philippines during the 1990's, which is the same time as the American pull out of the military bases. Being marines, the four guys try to smuggle out each of their girlfriends in a shipping container to the United States. However, their orders are changed such that no one cares for the stranded women in the shipping cargo. So, what happens is that the women one by one die. But since they were nice, they gave the food to the youngest one of them.

So, that would not be a problem except for the fact that the survivor is Caucasian!!! Now, someone help me out in here. If the woman was Caucasian, why the hell did they have to smuggle her to the United States? For that matter, why didn't they just marry the women?

So, should I be happy that a Pin@y is not shown in television as a serial murderer? OR, should I be sad that a Caucasian is playing a Pin@y? Surely, there must be enough Pin@y actresses to portray a murderous rampaging Pin@y?

Yes, I can suspend my belief, but in the year 2004, if you tell me that there are not enough Pin@y-Americans who can speak English and who happen to be actresses, I have to think that CBS is just not trying hard enough.


No comments: