Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ruminations on the Wedding

As each day passes, I check off a little list for my part. Still things to do:

hotel
honeymoon location
photos for wedding

As I lose hair, I am reminded that I am not as young as I used to be. I am still as immature as the old days, but a little more experienced now.

I am wondering if all this work is really worth it for just one day. But I have seen people who still talk about their weddings. I suppose it is like prom where everyone has to do it.

We now have a portal for poetry to enter the wedding courtesy of an idea by the poet Eileen Tabios. We have a decreased number of familial performances. We probably need to introduce more 70's and 80's disco so that the old-timers can dance. Hahaha. Won't be too much hip-hop. And there is a ban on ocho-ocho.

Yup, no little kid will be dancing that obscenity laden dance.

No comments: