Thursday, July 07, 2005

Wedding Preparations? What Preparations?

It should not be a surprise that I am not participating actively in the wedding preparations. After all, planning the "pamanhikan" and my own proposal almost stressed me out to no end. And all I had to do in those two events was get flowers, prepare some food, get a musician, arrange for video, and get the dowry material together.

Now that it is three months till the wedding day, the SO is the one who is busily arranging for things to be just right. (By the way, I just heard that we got our very first invitation back! Whohoo! Those invites WORK!!!) Who's been naughty and who's been nice? Who's been invited and who's been not? But seriously, I apologize in advance. It's just that we have now run out of space.

As a groom, I just try to supply the fiancee with information and money. Need addresses? I got sent off to the living room to call every single person I invited. Need money? Off to the bank! It's not such a bad part. At least I don't have to worry about stamps, color of invitations, etc, etc. If it were up to me, I would use phone calls and e-mail to invite people. But, that might just lead to a wedding party of 500 people.

I am inviting the relevant people in my life. And that includes relatives. The big sister has done an excellent job of cutting some branches from the family tree. Don't like that branch? Don't worry, they were not invited in a previous party. The way it looks, the family tree is more like a family sapling.

As for the invitation, it was all SO. If it were up to me, I would have gotten the seven layered invitation and everyone's title and knighthood would have been mentioned. But, that would have been overly OA. You know, overacting and corny. So, I remained silent and am just enjoying the ride. Yesterday, the future mother-in-law showed the SO a copy of Mayor Brown's wedding brochure. I think the SO is being asked to provide a similar brochure for our wedding. I don't know where to get a gospel choir. Bwahahhahaha.

No comments: