Monday, December 22, 2003

Joey Ayala to the Rescue!

As most of you psychic viewers know, I have been waylaid by the nasty flu virus the past few days. It was so bad that I had to take Nyquil au naturel.

This afternoon, as I awaken with a slight headache my nose remained stuffy and was giving me a headache. Suddenly, a memory of Joey Ayala came to me. While Joey was at Pusod, he described how the California was extremely dry during the winter seasons. It usually messed up his voice and sinuses. As a cureall to the dry humidity, he "snorted" warm water into his sinuses.

As a scientist, I was aghast. I mean, water into your sinuses? That can be pretty painful. The SO had tried it several years ago. Today, since I was not doing anything too important, I tried it too.

The important thing is to snort it gently. We're not doing cocaine here folks. Make sure the temperature of the water is around body temperature. If you hold your hand under the water and it burns your hand, too hot. You don't want to burn your sinuses now do you? Snort gently. Don't inhale the whole gallon at once. I was fine with just a few milliters. You can feel it pass into your sinuses. Now blow gently. Awesome! Clears your sinuses like nothing!

No comments: