Monday, December 22, 2003

The Return of the King

Apparently, I am one of those people who likes to make comments while the movie is going on. For example, when the orcs sent the city of Gondor gifts via the catapults, I laughed out of my ass. You must admit, that it was a funny scene. What else would they send? Rocks? Hell no. the first job of the first salvo is to make the enemy lose their morale. What better way than to send in helmeted piccolos?

Odd thing though, I was the only one laughing in some parts of the movie. I mean, I thought that the people who went to those movies all dressed up as elves and whatnot would understand that they are at "times like these." What the hell? Why not enjoy the blood and the gore? And the nastiness?

I have to recall the other times when I almost fell out of my seat laughing. The movie was great. It would have been how I would have waged war. Without honor. Without bullshit. Let the orcs begin!!!

Thanks to the SO, I was reminded that I also was very naughty when Pippin was being extremely stupid and trying to look into the crystal ball that Gandalf had taken from Isengaard. When I shouted, "You should have killed Pippin" apparently, many of the elf-wannabe's in the crowd stared at me for a long time. Typical elves. All they do is stare and look serious. Give it to an Orc to introduce some fun into the adventures.

But seriously, if you were Aragorn wouldn't Merry and Pippin be pushing up weeds in the dungeons of Moira? Come on, hold and make a noise out of a cadaver? Pretty good stuff there. And how about Boromir? How did he die? He died defending the two idiots Merry and Pippin. Maybe I can start a group called Kill Merry and Pippin.

No comments: