Sunday, March 28, 2004

Bosses and scientific fraud stories

The Cat is telling stories about her Pinoy boss. The old-timer Pinoys have the hardest time understanding the changes that have occurred in the world. In their mind, the world revolves around them. They don't know that often times they are not smart enough to be the center of the universe. In most cases, they are expired materials.

It reminds me of one of the people I used to work with. He heard me say to an undergraduate that "Give me a call if you want to bullshit about this project." The old-timer thought that I did not like the project because I referred to it as bullshiting. When he confronted me about the matter, my jaw fell at his ignorance and his ability to spy on people. I told him that I was trying to communicate with the younger generation. I was using their slang and my slang. To bullshit is to shoot the breeze. Old-timer thought that bullshit was the excrement from a cow. In the end, there was excrement coming out of the lab, but it came from the old-timer not knowing how to run a project.

Old-timer's and his crony's biotechnology company is probably wallowing in the stench of scientific fraud nowadays. I told him that the data was not right. He should have listened to me. Beware of old-timer Pilipinos trying to sell you anti-cancer magic pills. They are lying.

No comments: