Friday, November 21, 2003

Farewell, Leroy

Gene Anthony Ray who played the dancer Leroy in the television show Fame passed away recently. In my analysis of lives, I always thought that Mr. Ray should have hit it big. But just like with anyone, sometimes I can be wrong. I always thought that all he had to do was play the character Leroy and he could pretty much do whatever it was that he wanted.

But I am limiting myself on the measures of success. Perhaps Mr. Ray was successful in his own right. After all, he was a star in the movie as well as the television show. Heck, he was larger than Janet Jackson during those years. Janet had not been knifed by the finest plastic surgeons yet. She was normal just like her brother. Well, normal in appearance, at the very least.

Leroy, I will remember your name.

No comments: