Monday, January 12, 2004

To dream the impossible dream

This was forwarded through a mail list. I found it extremely entertaining. I hope that you as a Pin@y voter will too.


Courtesy of Nestor Mata's column in Malaya:

"The Impossible Dream" has inspired the suddenly revived "Los
Enemigos," a
group of anonymous satirists in the time of martial law, to compose the
following lyrics for "Election 2004", sung to the tune of that song
from "Man from La
Mancha":

Sing to the rune of The Impossible Dream from the musical Don Quixote:

"To build the impossible team/
To fight the unbeatable Poe/
To bear the unbearable Roco/
To go where Lacson dare not go/
To right the unrightable Mike/
To grant whatever Danding wants/
To cry when your eyes are too weary/
To reach the unreachable Toh/

"This is my quest to follow that Bush/
No matter how reckless, no matter how mad/
To champion his cause/
without question or pause/
To be willing to march into hell because Jesus is Lord/
And I know what Ramos also knows of this powerful pest/
That my heart won't lie peaceful and calm when I'm led to my test/

"And the land will be poorer for this,/
That Gloria Macapagal Arroyo will try/
with the help of de Castro/
to stop with her last ounce of courage/
the unstoppable Poe!"

CROSSPOST IF YOU WISH ALL OVER THE WORLD AND CYBERSPACE.

No comments: