Monday, January 26, 2004

Unemployment

Well, I'm going on the third month of unemployment. I had been hoping that my interview would go well and that I would at least be offerred a temporary position. It did not go as I expected. I have to try to figure out how the monkey can retain control over the flow of energy during interviews. Sometimes, I place too much detail that the answer seems to be missing. I was hoping that in this case, I had made myself crystal clear.

Now, I gotta begin looking for jobs that are part-time so that I can get over some of the hump. There is something in me that stops me from doing this. Is it shame? Is it this blasted ego? Just because I got a higher degree makes me wary of having people that I worked with see me in public serving food. But as a teacher once said, sometimes, you have to drop the ego.

The cleaning of the apartment continues also. I am working on the bookshelf now. I cleared off the top and the first two shelves. I dumped a bunch of old magazines. In some area of the US, those mags were collector's items. But as the SO say, if you don't actively try to sell them, they are just taking up space.

Wish me luck. Send me some good energy. St. Jude, pray for my little behind. Maybe you can send some good word to the Biggie Upstairs.

No comments: