Friday, May 16, 2003

The experience of drinking wine from a mug has sufficiently disturbed me that I have pulled out my old crystal flutes for champagne. Perhaps it is better to drink red wine from a champagne flute than from a mug. The crystal was a bought for the intention of seducing a young lady. I remember it well?. The planning, the selection of champagne for the eventual sofa love seat tryst, the cooking of the pasta was ruined, ruined by the presence of a friend invited at the last minute. Or was it a plan for a threesome? Hmm, now that the solemn one is older, one sees things in such different light. One looks at the past with rosy wine in the head and a lost twinkle in the eye. At any rate, the crystal sang when a finger caressed the tips with the magic of water. An empty canister of childish dreams, teenager's lust pouring from the brim.

The cheese is Garcia Baquero Winey Goat. I have to smirk at the irony of a Pin@ay eating cheese from the mother land. The Cabernet simply explodes as I suck it in with a mouthful of cheese and olive bread from Acme. Wow, is this what I have been missing? But perhaps my tastebuds needed ripening from the original coke and a polishing by the diet coke. Perhaps, the lemon diet coke had to spin out my tastebuds before I could really appreciate the tannins and the oak. Let's see?There is something peppery as the wine fills the bread with its taste. Like a sponge sucking up water?

I have been trying to make that 10kb picture of myself for the ricebowljournal.com site, but I have been failing miserably. I guess I just don't have the werewithal to learn Photoshop 7. Hmm, I really should do that since I will need to create my own website someday. I have asked for help from the winds. I am sure that with perseverance and some time, I'll have made the jpg. Update: I finally managed to make a jpg with less than 10K in data. Let's see how I compete now that my cute persona has a face.

No comments: