Monday, May 26, 2003

I've been a bachelorette the last two weeks since the SO has been playing in the land of 7100 islands.  But, life seems so dull and uninteresting without someone to share wine. I was thinking about drinking before 4PM but someone cautioned me that I could be accused of being an alcoholic.  Trivia:  Did you know that during prohibition in the 1930's that wine-making was allowed for private consumption.  This of course explains why there are 100 year old vines in california.  This tidbit was gained from the Wine Section of the Chronicle.  As a newspaper, the chronicle is a two bit operation with some good writers/reporters.  It does not compare with the LA Times or the New York Times in breath and deepness of thought.  However, its wine section is at the very least admirable. 

By the way, who is Wilfred Wong?  I keep seeing his name in wine tidbits or reviews that grade the wine "82 points, 90 points."  I'm thinking of buying some wines that have been graded well and looking them up.  I imagine this obese Chinese-American with an American accent in front of a table with fifteen wine bottles in front of him.  He gets whipped every time he gives 90 points or more.  I will continue my search for WW.

This particular entry was from Thursday, the 22 of may 2003.

No comments: