Thursday, May 22, 2003

A quick walk around the SO's neighborhood netted me some information about VINO a wine shop. The catch of the day is a bordeaux from France. It cost me $13. Apparently, 2000 bordeaux's are supposedly good because all the grapes were ripened to the fullest extent.

2000 Chateau Peyraud Bordeaux - France

Right next door was a cheese shop so I also ended up buying some bread and two cheeses, Vintage White Cheddar Cabot and Brinata Il Forteto. I just popped the cork and it was a mess. Damn, that was a pretty bad cork. I also had bought a new corker and it did not do a great job. Hmm, it's either the cork or the corker. Which one sucked? I basically had to keep shoving the corker into the cork. And then, the cork split into two. Cork seems to be a tad bit too dry. I am now airing the wine for a while. 30 minutes supposedly. I have to massage my hands because of the pain that corker gave me. Maybe I will invest in THE RABBIT, a $60 value at Amazon.com. Supposedly, it is so easy, even I can do it.

No comments: