Saturday, May 31, 2003

Post-meal analysis. WOW! So this is why cooks use wine in their cooking! The wine introduces new flavors that are otherwise not possible. I wonder what would happen if one were to add apple cider or something like that.

The red and white chicken was very delicious. Perhaps it could be improved if I sauteed the chicken in a really hot skillet so that it would trap the moisture inside. But, there was already a lot of splattering of oil when I added the chicken, so I guess I have to be content for now. The vegetables that I used were pretty simple: onions, garlic, and baby carrots. The red and white wine that were poured into the baking dish allowed the onions to soak in the taste of the wine. It's fruity, and not one bit like alcohol. The adobo was also different because I ended up using some of the white wine from Easter session (2002 Villa Maria Riesling Australia) and the two buck chuck wine (2001 Charles Shaw Merlot). The merlot was not bad, I think it is better than the Charles Shaw Cabernet.

I have to figure out what else to cook. Maybe a pie or something. There is some fish here too. Maybe some tamarind soup laced with white wine would be good.





No comments: